MacCraic – Episode 90 – The Craic is 90
Hi MacCraicers , this week the boys get through the news in the usual MacCraic style dealing everything from Auto Erotic Mac through to the new Cupertino Commandments. Sit back with your cup of tea/coffee, your Kit-Kat & enjoy.
- Apple TV update plus Dave’s rethink on it due to VLC running on the iPad (App review guys, make it so)
- Autodesk’s AutoCAD for Mac, iOS breaks loose– Brilliant news to further help Macs push into industrial design field especially after I believe an 18 year absence from the Mac platform. Also appearing on iOS soon.
- Apple relaxing restrictions on iOS third-party development tools– Suspected this after seeing Unreal Engine 3 demo of “Project Sword” at iTunes event & downloading n’ trying out Epic Citadel (Wow is all I can say on that demo (can’t use that word anymore now can we) Lite app)
- And related to above, Cupertino sets down it’s Commandments to be followed for apps to be allowed on the App Store– after me harping on about it a few times & which you would swear was written by StevieJ himself. Also link to PDF doc via Appleinsider article
- Mobee’s inductive Magic Charger for Apple’s Magic Mouse really is magical– and for a fairly wallet-friendly €/$49 too.
Unseen, Undressed & Uncalled For
- We decided to try this again using “macintosh” as search term this time, how will it turn out? Wonder if we’ll end up with another sports related story.
Dave’s App of the Week
- Appshopper Free in App Store– Decided to go meta this week & make my pick an app that keeps an eye on the App Store for any apps that get reduced in price or become free (spin your head wouldn’t it). Really like the layout of this app & latest update allows you to do a (originally) Tweetie like pull down to refresh list action.